How to restore views and procedures after drop user command?

From: Victor Slootsky <SLootsky_at_erols.com>
Date: 13 Oct 2002 15:55:42 -0700

We have 817 EE on NT and one developer created a lot of procedures, functions and views. DB was not backuped and archived and export has not been done - our fault and we understand it. Sorry for this.

Ok, now the story: another developer dropped this db user and we lost everything: procedures, functions and views. The new user with the same name was created and new schema was imported in this user, but all old objects are lost. We don't have export and backup and archive log files.

Question: may we can restore this lost stuff from some other sources. We are looking for lost codes, not data. May be we can use redo logs or Shared Pool or any other things. Any idea will be appreciated.

The switch has occurred after user was dropped, the data has been overwritten and there is be no way to use redo log files.

I would like to explore another opportunity. Is possible to use Shared Pool or any Data Dictionary internal information to restore texts of the lost SQL and PL/SQL scripts executed in this DB before user was dropped? Not too many scripts are executed in this DB and the lost ones may still be in stack. I remember that Shared Pool (cash) should keep last executed scripts in order to improve performance. They probably are kept in some special format. Can we restore these scripts? Of course they also might be pushed out by Import that had been done after user was dropped.

Thanks for your help,

Victor
slootsky_at_erols.com Received on Sun Oct 13 2002 - 17:55:42 CDT