Re: Where can i download the employee database for oracle certification test?

From: dmz17 <dmz17_at_nospam.nowhere.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 23:21:55 +0200

On Sat, 12 Oct 2002 18:00:59 +0000, Ragnar wrote:

> In the Oracles html guide for "Oracle certified developer" there is a lot of
> code examples on a employee database. Is this database available for
> download somewhere?
>
> Regards

Here is the output from my Linux version of Oracle 9i R2. The hr schema is supplied with the database. If this is the correct schema. There are several different ones. Observe that the hr user is locked and has to be unlocked before you use it. Use oemapp dbastudio for this.

Cheers
dmz17

Connected to:
Oracle9i Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production
JServer Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production

SQL> descr employees

 ----------------------------------------- -------- ----------------------------
 EMPLOYEE_ID                               NOT NULL NUMBER(6)
 FIRST_NAME                                         VARCHAR2(20)
 LAST_NAME                                 NOT NULL VARCHAR2(25)
 EMAIL                                     NOT NULL VARCHAR2(25)
 PHONE_NUMBER                                       VARCHAR2(20)
 HIRE_DATE                                 NOT NULL DATE
 JOB_ID                                    NOT NULL VARCHAR2(10)
 SALARY                                             NUMBER(8,2)
 COMMISSION_PCT                                     NUMBER(2,2)
 MANAGER_ID                                         NUMBER(6)
 DEPARTMENT_ID                                      NUMBER(4)

SQL> Received on Sat Oct 12 2002 - 16:21:55 CDT