Procedure compilation error on Oracle 9i

From: Octav Chiriac <octav_chiriac_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Oct 2002 13:08:32 -0700

Hi All,

Help needed. We have a problem compiling the following procedure in an Oracle 9i environment:

procedure GetDbTimezone (

   out_refcur IN OUT OUT_CURSOR ) is
begin

   open out_refcur for
   select substr(sys.standard.current_time(),13,6) DBtimezone_offset      from dual
;

end GetDbTimezone;

When compiling this on Oracle 9i we get the error (we have no problems compiling it on Oracle 8i):

LINE/COL ERROR

2574/29 PLS-00302: component 'CURRENT_TIME' must be declared 2574/29 PLS-00302: component 'CURRENT_TIME' must be declared

At the same time - we can execute the following select statement without problems in PL/SQL:
  select substr(sys.standard.current_time(),13,6) DBtimezone_offset

     from dual
;

Anybody knows what the problem can be ?

(I know that the procedure is not optimal and most probably even the way to get the timezone offset is not good for Oracle 9i, still...)

Thanks,
Octav Received on Fri Oct 11 2002 - 15:08:32 CDT