Re: Jserver - Future

From: dmz17 <dmz17_at_nospam.nowhere.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 22:30:47 +0200

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 22:25:38 +0200, Nicolas Bronke wrote:

> We have an Application which is using TomCat and Apache with an Oracle 8.1.7
> database. To find out the best combination we checked now the Oracle
> JServer. But we found out, that this is only spporting Java 2.0 (we are
> using higher) and also that the project is stopped and Tomcat or else are
> recommended?
>
> Does that really mean, that Oracle has not such thing itself as a
> replacement for Tomcat?
>
> Thanks for any hints.
>
> Regards
>
> Nicolas

JServer is the java in the database thing. Should not be used for things you'd use Tomcat for.

To get the Oracle equivalent, or better (!), look for OC4J, Oracle Containers for Java. They are a web server and J2EE container package and can be downloaded from otn.oracle.com as is or as part of Oracle 9iApplication Server.

Cheers,

dmz17 Received on Thu Oct 10 2002 - 15:30:47 CDT