Re: Q:Oracle Storage Recommendation

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 10 Oct 2002 06:02:20 -0700

Kalle <kminerva_at_jippii.fi> wrote in message news:<3DA4FC39.2C3C2E6A_at_jippii.fi>...
> Hi all,
>
> I need to present optimal storage configuration for mid-size Oracle DB
> for UNIX and Win platforms...
>
> Do you have any idea where I could see some good white papers or
> presentation I could use for...
>
> TIA
> Kalle

Kalle, are you asking about disk layout or tablespace organization?

IMHO
For tablespace organization I would recommend you consider Locally Managed Tablespaces, LMT, using uniform extents.

For disk layouts what is best depends on what you have or can get: standard vendor disks vs EMC/Network Applicance boxes.

Here are a couple of sites where you might be able to find useful information:
Jonathan Lewis's site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/ Cary Millsap's site (many white papers): http://www.hotsos.com

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Oct 10 2002 - 08:02:20 CDT