Re: I need help with an SQL Update query...

From: Jusung Yang <JusungYang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Oct 2002 21:49:56 -0700

You can easily do that with PL/SQL. If you insist on using SQL, here is a little trick you can try:

Update tablea set my_values=0 where orwid in (   select rid from (select rowid rid, row_number() over

                    (partition by ID order by ID, my_values) rn
                   from tablea
                  )

  where rn>1);

I did not try it out on your data. But you get the idea.