Using WE8ISO8859P1 succesfully ?

From: Albert <no_spam_contactemt_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 18:28:09 +0100

Hi,

I'm using Oracle on Windows.

I thought it would be nice to be able to query on '1/4'.'1/2' etc as a character, so I have converted the database to this character set.

Now when I log into SQLPlus how do I input these characters ? Do I have to convert the default Windows character set somehow ?

Also I am using ODBC & C++ to insert into the DB. How do I insert these extended characters ?

For example my raw data contains the html "frac12;" for "1/2" how do I convert this to the WE8ISO8859P1 "1/2" ?

Many thanks! Received on Wed Oct 09 2002 - 12:28:09 CDT