Re: problems with sql*plus buffer

From: Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Oct 2002 10:24:08 -0700

"Michael L. Hostbaek" <carlos_at_pez.dk> wrote in message news:<slrnaq82hk.1e5r.carlos_at_freebsdcluster.dk>...
> Group,
>
> When using the sql*plus - I have probs. with my buffer. When I type list
> it only shows the last command... I would like for it to keep a longer
> history... how do I do that?
>
> thanks

No way. SQLPlus only keeps one sql statement or one anonymous block in the buffer.
If you need history you are better off using terminal with a big buffer and
character (as opposed to GUI) sqlplus. Some GUI versions have buffer too, on Windows I think (I don't use it usually, it has a lot of other problems). One
trick I use is to start shell session in emacs and run sqlplus in it. Received on Wed Oct 09 2002 - 12:24:08 CDT