Re: problems with sql*plus buffer

From: Alan Mills <Alan.Mills_at_nospamservices.fujitsu.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 13:59:34 +0100

I don't disagree with you. You just can;t do it in SQL*Plus. Buffer holds the last (or current) command only, and not even that if you mispell the first keyword. You can do some editting hence the list command. It's just not a real editor that's all so limited.

I tend to use tools like TOAD or SQL*Navigator myself for SQL development and so have all my scripts available. I would suggest you get yourself a free (if it still is) copy of TOAD.

Don't give up on SQL*Plus though. Do get to learn it. It;s the only tool that guaranteed to be there!

Alan