Re: How to display a Word document in form?

From: Michael Gast <mig-sm_at_web.de>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 13:22:45 +0200

Hi Nick,

Nick schrieb:
> How about just putting this in a button trigger:
> (I already have an OLE object help_doc on the main block)
>
> ole_item := FIND_ITEM('main_block.help_doc');
> IF NOT ID_NULL(ole_item)
> THEN
> Forms_OLE.Initialize_Container(ole_item, 'C:\help.doc');
> END IF;
>
> IF Forms_OLE.Server_Active(ole_item) = FALSE
> THEN
> Forms_OLE.Activate_Server(ole_item);
> END IF;
>
> But I got FRM-41344: OLE object not defined for help_doc in the urrent
> record
> Damn it , What's wrong? I obviously initialized the OLE object!

We had a similar problem within a pure MS environment - initializing the OLE server takes time. We solved it by waiting a short time between initializing and activating the OLE server.

Just as an idea.

--
Due to spam, this email address is only used for newsgroup postings.

All emails sent to this address are immediately deleted. Therefore any
eMails sent directly to this address never will be answered.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards
Michael Gast
SEPP MED GmbH