Re: Oracle 9i core dump on hp-ux

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 11:27:24 +0200

LYZh wrote:

> Currently I hit a core dump with Oracle9i on HP-UX11.Here are some
> info, can someone through me some light?
> This dump happens randomly.

<snipped>

By no means a Pro*C supporter (never mind expert), but I could not see anything that is glaringly wrong.

Some random thoughts on what could be causing it

But before looking at OCI or the kernel for a bug, I would look at my code first... Do something simple like adding a few printf's before the UPDATE and dump the SQL statement and bind variable values to a text log and make sure that I'm passing valid stuff to the OCI.

--
Billy