OCI and NULLS

From: Roberto Vespa <wasp_at_inwind.it>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 21:18:01 GMT

Hi everybody.
I'm completely new to OCI programming, so maybe I'm trying to do something absurde, but...
I'm a C++ developer, trying to build a code layer in order to virtualize data access in my app, so that it can be used with both DB my enterprise supports, ORACLE and SQL Server. I'm using ADO with SQL Server, and I introduced lately OCI with ORACLE. It works great, I improved performance dramatically. Now, my problem: if I do an INSERT INTO binding, for example, a big array of strings, it works ok until I dont have to store NULLS in DB, I mean some values are NULLS but not every value in the array. It's not that it doesnt work, is that I don't know how to manage it. More generally, is it possible to fill an array that is going to be bound to a statement in a way that NULLS can be passed and stored by INSERT INTO, what ever the field type is (VARCHAR, DATE, NUMBER... accepting NULLS, of course)? I hope I've been clear...
Advices or links to useful infos would be veeeery appreciated :o) Thanks,

Wasp Received on Tue Oct 08 2002 - 16:18:01 CDT