Re: Debugging SPs

From: Karsten Farell <kfarrell_at_medimpact.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 20:05:30 GMT

Scott Mattes wrote:
> It will probably also fail if called from SQL Plus.
>
> Compiling <> Running
>
> "William F. O'Neill" <wfoneill_at_mindspring.com> wrote in message
>

>>Karsten:
>>My SP compiles without any errors both in SQLPLUS and TOAD.  However, I

> get
>
>>the ORA-01007 error only at runtime of my Powerbuilder application.  What

> do
>

>>you think????

True compile-time errors are not the same as run-time errors. However, I was basing my answer on the error message text, which seemed to imply that there was something syntactically incorrect about the SELECT statement ('variable not found in select').

I don't use PowerBuilder. However, I did a google search for 'ora-01007' and found this on a powerbuilder newsgroup:

Sidney;

     If you have decimal datatypes (columns) in the Select, you need to add "NumbersInternal=1" to your DBParm field of SQLCA (Check the "retrieve numbers in internal format" option in the SYNTAX tab page of the DB Profile as well). This will force Oracle to return the proper result set format!

     Hope that helps - I got the same message last week when I converted a client to 8i. That solved the problem!

Regards .. Chris
Great White North Technical Evangelist