OCI: How to escape strings before insert?

From: Ole Hansen <oha_at_unispeed.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 12:55:30 +0200

Hi,

I'm working with OCI-code and I have a problem when inserting certain strings. How do I escape a string before insert? Does a native OCI escape-function exist?

The problem is when the string contains an amphersand (&). I would like to insert the amphersand itself - but how can I do that from OCI.

When using sqlplus I can do 'set escape \' and escape the amphersand by backslash (\) but this doesnt seem to work within OCI.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Ole Hansen Received on Tue Oct 08 2002 - 05:55:30 CDT