Connection problem from applet to a oracle 8i server in shared mode

From: Arijit Mukherjee <arijit_at_lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 15:06:17 +0530

All,

   I have a java applet from which I am trying to access an Oracle 8i server running on a different machine in shared mode. I am using a thin client to access the server. However, the server spits back to me the following exception:

    java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.net.SocketPermission <servername> resolve.

    However, I do not have any problem and can use the same jdbc connection if I use the server in dedicated mode.

    Could anybody suggest a way out for me. Thanks in anticipation, Regards,
Arijit Received on Tue Oct 08 2002 - 04:36:17 CDT