Re: updating multiple rows with ODBC

From: Justin Cave <jocave_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Oct 2002 18:31:24 -0700

In addition, make sure that you don't have autocommit on (unless you actually need to commit after every row). This is the default behavior for ODBC and will really cause the application to drag.

You may also investigate creating a stored procedure that does the actual update when you pass in arrays of values. You could take advantage of the bulk insert syntax that way.

Justin Cave
Distributed Database Consulting