Re: Reporting tools

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 22:55:41 GMT

Mark Rathbun wrote:

> I have been tasked with compiling a list of vendors with reporting
> packages are compatible with Oracle.
>
> The package needs to be end-user friendly and yet allow detailed OLAP.
>
> We are currently using Discoverer 4.1.37, Oracle 9.0.1 and 8.1.7
>
> The current short list includes Cognos, Focus, ShowCase and ATG.
>
> Are there any other alternatives we should be considering besides the
> above and Oracle Express?
>
> I'm looking for someone with first hand experience with any of the
> above tools.
>
> TIA
> Mark

With the addition of Crystal and Bio I think you have it.

But end-user friendly? Depends on the quality of your end users.

Expect to do a lot of training with any tool. And not just on the tool itself, on inner joins, outer joins, Cartesian products, etc.

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Oct 07 2002 - 17:55:41 CDT