When open_form works but call_form doesn't?

From: Nick <aroughguy_at_nsp.toughguy.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 15:45:19 +1000

Hi

In my app, I have a main form from which I call several other forms. Trouble happens with two forms A and B.

In A, when a checkbox change, B will be called.

The problem is when the app starts up, if I call B first from the main, then everything works fine from then on.

But if after start up main form, I call A first and change the checkbox in A (B is supposed to be called then) the whole application will exit abruptly.

I check but find nothing wrong in logic nor syntax.

Can someone think of any reason??

It's strange that If I use open_form instead of call_form then everything works.

The when-checkbox-changed trigger is like

IF ((:customer.customerid IS NOT NULL) THEN

           UPDATE  ORDER_LINE
           SET ORDER_LINE.status ='Y'
           WHERE (ORDER_LINE.ORDERid = :ORDER_LINE.ORDERid)
           AND (ORDER_LINE.ITEMID = :ORDER_LINE.ITEMID);

:SYSTEM.MESSAGE_LEVEL := 25;
COMMIT;
:SYSTEM.MESSAGE_LEVEL := 5;

:GLOBAL.orderid := TO_CHAR(:ORDER.ORDERid);
:GLOBAL.itemid := TO_CHAR(:ORDER_LINE.ITEMID);
alert_ID := FIND_ALERT('remind_payment'); alert_number := SHOW_ALERT(alert_ID); CALL_FORM(:global.project_path||'B.fmx',HIDE,NO_REPLACE); -- if the above line is replaced with open_form(....) then
evrythin is ok

     END IF; Received on Sun Oct 06 2002 - 00:45:19 CDT