Install oracle 8.1.7 on linux 2.4.18

From: Thomas Aichinger <t.aichinger_at_datamagic.at>
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 19:32:02 GMT

Hi

I am a newbie and
I am trying to install oracle on my linux box.

I have 512mb ram 200gb free hd space .
I installed kernel 2.4.18, x-win 4, kde 2, jre 1.1.7.

When I start the runInstaller from the oracle dir as a oracle user,
I get lots of system info and at the end a OK. When I press enter again I am back again in the bash.

What is wrong?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thomas Received on Sat Oct 05 2002 - 14:32:02 CDT