Re: Importing Access Data

From: Steve M <steve.mcdaniels_at_vuinteractive.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 11:34:46 -0700

right-click on the table name in Access, choose export, then select your oracle ODBC data source.

This will create the table in Oracle.

Note: if any field names are mixed or lower case, they will be created in oracle as mixed / lower case and
require special "" in select statements.

Also, if any of the field types (in Access) are not directly compatible with Oracle's field types, you will
get errors.

Better to rename all field names in Access to UPPERCASE (no spaces, etc) and to convert all fields to standard
Oracle fields (I think LONGs, SHORTs, etc, cause problems, not sure)