Re: Pb with pictures in V7.3

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 19:53:12 GMT

michel CAULIER wrote:

> Hello,
> My base Oracle in V7.3 has a pb with pictures.
> The performance was down n dramatically slow (2 mn to find something) after
> inserting 50 pictures, in Blob, only thos table.
> In this table, I replace the longraw (to blob) to Null, no success on
> performance
> I do Import/Export on the table, no success on performance
> I rebuild all indexes, no success on performance
> I'm not DBA, have some idea where to search.
> Thanks. Michel.

You need to know a lot more about what you are doing, what you are doing it on, and provide more specific information.

Is the database really 7.3? Are you sure? Do any indexes exist?
Have you run EXPLAIN PLAN on your queries? Do other queries run fine or is everything slow? etc.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Oct 03 2002 - 14:53:12 CDT