Re: Oracle home

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 09:19:29 -0500

As others , including me, have mentioned you can set an environment variable ( a SYSTEM one) called

TNS_ADMIN =E:\ORACLE\ORA92\network\admin

You can also add this to the Registry ( in the HKLM/SOFTWARE/ORACLE section, not in one of the home listings )

Oracle 'checks' the environment variables, then the registry, then the default location under the current Oracle_Home to find the tnsnames.ora files...

hth,

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Wed Oct 02 2002 - 09:19:29 CDT