Re: Top 10 Issues to Monitor in Oracle Environment!

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 23:45:58 +1000

Hi Kalle,

Top 10 Issues to monitor in Oracle Environment:

  1. Make sure no-one's parked in your car spot in the morning (else kill their session continually during the day)
  2. Make sure the donuts at morning tea are fresh and warm
  3. Make sure the 2G of Bowie tracks you've burned are playing with sufficient volume
  4. Make sure the phone is off the hook in case any users/developers try to bother you
  5. Make sure you have a nice GUI displaying pretty charts to look like you're busy
  6. Make sure you bugger up performance by dropping a few key parameters
  7. Make sure (after much pretence) you bump them up again and get credit for fixing things up
  8. Make sure you miss all key development meetings so you take no blame when things go wrong
  9. Make sure you regularly express disgruntlement to Oracle so they invite you to heaps of functions and golf days
  10. Make sure you do well a studies so you can enjoy the hectic life of an Oracle DBA

Cheers ;)

Richard
"Kalle" <kminerva_at_jippii.fi> wrote in message news:3D9AA2FF.6F3D95DB_at_jippii.fi...
> even before :-)
>
> Kalle
>
> Jim Kennedy wrote:
>
> > Is the homework do tomorrow?
> > Jim
> > "Kalle" <kminerva_at_jippii.fi> wrote in message
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I need to "list" top 10 issues need to monitor in Oracle
Environment...