Re: Delete no rollback

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 15:43:17 GMT

Miko wrote:

> Can I make a delete query with no rollback?
> I would like to delete 1,000,000 records from my DB but after running
> the delete query my DB returns an error about the rollback.
> I don't want to increase the rollback because I don't want this query
> to rollback.
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Thanks,
> Miko

No.

The problem you are having has nothing to do with the delete query itself. It has to do with the rollback segments. They need to be larger.

In the future be sure you post hardware, operating system, oracle version and edition, and the exact Oracle ORA-##### error message and text for help.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Oct 01 2002 - 10:43:17 CDT