Re: Speeding up multiple inserts

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 11:34:58 GMT

That's good you are using a prepared query , but are you closing the cursor every time? Don't. Keep it around and just rebind and execute. Otherwise you are not taking full advantage of the prepared query. Also look to see if you can eliminate some indexes. More indexes, slower insert performance. Also if you are inserting multiple rows at a time use the array interface. Jim