exp/imp copy initial extent

From: Susan Lam <susana73_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Sep 2002 18:18:40 -0700

I got a dmp file from a business partner and I need to import it to our database. The dmp file is only 1M but after I import it occupies 1GB! The reason is they set the initial extent of all tables, index to 20M even they don't have much data at all. I tried make the tablespace locally manage with "autoallocate" or "uniform size" before importing but it does not help.

Is there any way to fix the initial extent size? The only way I know is edit/modify all the tables/indexes script to change the extent size before importing but I do not want to do it.

Thanks,
Susan Received on Mon Sep 30 2002 - 20:18:40 CDT