Installing multiple Oracle Packs (Diagnostics, Tuning, etc.)

From: ksmith <NoSpam_at_erieplating.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 16:21:25 -0400

I have posted this question in the past but have not gotten a solution. I am posting it again in hopes that someone will have a suggestion. It just seems like such a simple problem. Anyway:

I have OEM with diagnostic pack installed on my Windows2000 box. We run a Linux RH7.2 Server with Oracle 8i. We also have a OEM with Oracle Tuning Pack disk. Well now I want to install the Tuning Pack so I will have both the Tuning Pack and Diagnostic Pack. However, my installation only gives me 3 choices:

  1. Install OEM, Management Server, and Tuning Pack
  2. Install OEM and the Tuning Pack
  3. Install Intellegent Agent extentsions for paging funcionality.

I just want the Tuning pack and when I try to install, for example, choice 2, it detects that I already have OEM on my machine and aborts installation. I can't see anywhere to select just the tuning pack. This is a problem because I also have other pack to install, but they all come bundled with OEM. Such an elementary problem, but I am having difficulties finding the answer. I have looked in the installation notes and online NG's and what-not. So if anyone has an idea, please let me know. Thanks alot. Received on Mon Sep 30 2002 - 15:21:25 CDT