Re: licensing $$ comparison to SQLServer?

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_nospam.yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 21:59:33 GMT

I sent you the spreadsheet Daniel - let me know if you dont receive it. FYI in the end, with our "named user credits", if we were to go 100% oracle at our site we are about $40k ahead becuase of MS's charger per server license. However without the credit the SS are definatly in SQL servers favor, as you will see in the model. This looks at cost only, not any performance, reliability or other issues.