Re: need help settin gup tnsnames

From: Justin Cave <jocave_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Sep 2002 02:44:09 -0700

"K Allen" <allenkb_at_nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:<lvtk9.10626$0i4.1107632_at_ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca>...
> I installed Oracle 8I on this computer. I went with the name of oracle for
> the database and it automatically put in oracle for the sid. What should a
> tnsnames look like for this computer??? The client stuff will run on this
> computer as well.

The Net8 Administrator's Guide on <http://tahiti.oracle.com> will go into great detail about all your options for setting this up. If you're interested in a reasonably standard setup, though, just run the Net8 Easy Config utility-- it'll set everything up for you.

Justin Received on Thu Sep 26 2002 - 04:44:09 CDT