Re: Oracle 8.1.5 Client with Oraclie 9i Lite (Mobile Sever)

From: Saira <boo_at_hoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 06:12:24 GMT

I was following the vendor's recommendations. The Cognos tools are to facilitate reporting requirements for the Tecsys EliteSeries suite of products.

I guess the real question is, is Oracle 9i Lite compatible with an older version of the client?

I did look at the webtogo.ora file and it updated correctly... none of the logs indicate any errors to do with the database connectivity.

"Daniel Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3D924597.51D52F84_at_exesolutions.com...
> Saira wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We've had some puzzling events last week. I'll break it down if it makes
it
> > easier.
> >
> > On this particular W2K Server, we have the Cognos Reporting tools which
> > require Oracle 8.1.5 Client and also Oracle 9i Lite (Oracle Mobile
Server)