Re: Oracle 8.1.5 Client with Oraclie 9i Lite (Mobile Sever)

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 23:24:21 GMT

Saira wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We've had some puzzling events last week. I'll break it down if it makes it
> easier.
>
> On this particular W2K Server, we have the Cognos Reporting tools which
> require Oracle 8.1.5 Client and also Oracle 9i Lite (Oracle Mobile Server)
> for our PDAs.
>
> Now, my question is --> Can 9i Lite use Oracle 8.1.5 Client to resolve the
> net service name, etc... or does it have to be a higher version of the
> Client software? We have noticed some strange behaviours when we sync the
> PDAs... Data being lost, corrupted, etc. To put this into perspective, there
> were some modifications done on the application and at the same time,
> previously, we were running a higher version of the Oracle Client software.
> I'm trying to eliminate the possibilities.

> Thanks,
> Saira
>
> saira_somani_at_yahoo.com

It is not true that Cognos requires the tools you indicate above. I really don't know about the compatibility of Cognos with this "interesting" combination. But I do know for a fact the combination is not either a Cognos nor an Oracle requirement.

Please validate why, and from where, this statement originated.

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Sep 25 2002 - 18:24:21 CDT