Re: Question; SQL Plus exit command and NT batch file.

From: Joe Caporina <spam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:09:20 -0700

It worked when I skipped a line down before typing exit in my sql script.

Thanks
Joe

"Alan" <alan_remove_this_shein_at_erols.com> wrote in message news:amsem7$8nsnd$1_at_ID-114862.news.dfncis.de...
> Exit should work in a sql*plus script. Just be sure to place another
(blank)
> line after it. Add exit as the last line in your batch file to close the
> "DOS" window as well. Also, you should really spool the output of your
> script to a file so you can review it for errors.
>

> "Joe Caporina" <spam_at_nospam.com> wrote in message
> > I'm sure someone seen this before and knows the answere. I created a
> > scheduled NT batch file to run a SQL Loader and SQL script to update my
> > Cisco Radius logs into an Oracle database table for an account billing
> > front end. The Question is how do I get the SQL Plus script to exit and
> > close the DOS window when the .bat is executed and finished. Exit does
not
> > work
> > without the enter key.
> > Copy of batch file ;
> > sqlldr Telecomm/Password_at_pmgd.es.alliance.com
> > control=e:\radius\sqlldr\loader.ctl log=log23 skip=1
> > data=e:\radius\sqlldr\iasdata.csv
> >

> > sqlplus Telecomm/Password_at_pmgd.es.alliance.com @e:\radius\sqlldr\insert
> >
> > Copy of SQL script ;
> > create ias_records2 as select distinct * from ias_records
> >
> > drop ias_records
> >
> > rename ias_records2 to ias_records
> >
> > insert into telecomm.accttable

(username,duration,nasaddress,nasport,bytesin,bytesout,paksin,paksout,framed

ipaddress,nasidentifier,acctlinkcount,connectinfo,shivatypeofservice,calling

stationid,calledstationid,shivadisconnectreason,logoutdatetime,logindatetime
> > )
> >
> > select

user_name,acct_session_time,nas_ip_address,nas_port,acct_input_octets,acct_o

utput_octets,acct_input_packets,acct_output_packets,framed_ip_address,nas_id

entifier,acct_link_count,connect_info,service_type,calling_station_id,called

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Wed Sep 25 2002 - 17:09:20 CDT