Re: Long Select freezes Instance

From: Peter van Rijn <p.vanrijnREMOVE_at_THISzhew.nl>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 07:18:23 +0200

Ralf,

Did you monitor how the rest of the system is working? CPU idle time, memory consumption etc. Perhaps you're just asking too much?

Peter

"Ralf Bender" <ralf.bender_at_arcor.de> schreef in bericht news:20020924.8273770_at_mis.configured.host... Hello,

I'm running a Oracle 8i database on linux. Some select statements runs very long. That's ok, but if such statement runs, nobody else can work on the database. All sessions are freeze. What happens here? How can I change it?

Thanks
Ralf Received on Wed Sep 25 2002 - 00:18:23 CDT