OCIStmtExecute hangs when connection is lost

From: Ole Hansen <oha_at_unispeed.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:00:45 +0200

Hi,

If the connection to the Oracle server for some reason is lost, the call to OCIStmtExecute could hang for several minutes. When OCIStmtExecute finally returns a new call to OCIStmtExecute does not hang but of course it returns with error.

How can I prevent OCIStmtExecute from hanging several minutes first time when connection is lost?

I'm using nonblocking mode, but it obviously doesnt prevent OCIStmtExecute from hanging the first time after connection loss.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance!

Br,
Ole Hansen
NB: This is my first posting to this list. Is there a specific OCI-code group that I should use instead? (Couldn't find any) Received on Tue Sep 24 2002 - 06:00:45 CDT