Re: How to get command history using array key (or other keys) in SQLPLUS under Solaris 8

From: Martin Doherty <martin.doherty_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 11:38:24 -0700

Wait ... the mist is clearing .... I used a small utility program that came with HP-UX (of course I forget its name). It allowed a user to execute any command line program and be able to use shell command line editing within that program. It wasn't a feature of sqlplus at all.

If the name of the program was xyz, then my invocation of sqlplus would look like this:
$ xyz sqlplus scott/tiger

I guess Solaris would have to provide a similar utility for you to get what you want.

Martin Doherty