Re: CREATE CURSOR with VARIABLE in database packages?!?!

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 20:42:24 +0400

"Daniel Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3D8F34E9.C5719168_at_exesolutions.com...

> The frist page of http://www.dpsp-yes.com/dpsp/prod/!go?id_=nhome may be readable with a Microsoft
> product. But using Netscape from my Sun and HP machines produces what appears to be ill-mannered
> layering and the web site is unusable.

And I suggest that Lynx and Mosaic 1.0 will produce simply astonishing results... :)

The link you referenced validates by W3C validator for HTML 4.01 Transitional with no errors, and displays equally well in MS IE 5.0+, Opera 5.0+ and Netscape 6.0+ (and even on some 4.7x version I was able to test with), which probably means Netscape products on your Sun and HP boxes are outdated beyond any limits. Often seeing advices like 'your Oracle version is outdated and desupported, please upgrade before complaining', I think can safely follow the trend and suggest that you update your browser software to a more recent release to take full advantage of recent developments in web standards (if I am not mistaken, HTML 4.01 is just about 3 years old.) ;)

Btw, could you be so kind and send me a screenshot of how old Netscape renders that page (I am using my real email address here) - I am really curious what it might look like. :-)