Re: How to get command history using array key (or other keys) in SQLPLUS under Solaris 8

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 13:35:10 +0200

Sunny Day wrote:

> I have no problem to get command history using esc-k or esc-j by
> setting set -o vi under Solaris 8. However, when I get into Oracle's
> SQLPLUS, I am unable to use this feature. Anyone know how to do it ?

SQL*Plus is not a Unix shell. It is a command line driven SQL interface for Oracle. It runs on everything from mainframe operating systems, to mini's, to Unix and Windows and even DOS.

Why then would Unix virtual terminal keystrokes be supported in SQL*Plus?

PS. Yes, it does work in WinNT command shells (the arrow keys that is, to recall lines entered into the shell) - but that is a feature of the shell (in this case CMD.EXE) and not SQL*Plus.

--
Billy