Re: PL/SQL help for a beginner

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 15:19:12 GMT

steve wrote:

> Does any onehave any tips/clues or code examples for a beginner Oracle
> 8.1.7.x and 9.0.1.x user.
>
> I need to "hammer" on the database, causing tremendous amounts of I/O.
> I have one program that I submit about 30 processes of to a batch queue,
> and it does 50K inserts to the table (per process), but the machine is
> still loafing.
>
> Any input would be greatly appreciaited.
>
> Thanks
> _sdh221_@_yahoo_._com_

One of my favorites is:

LOOP
   INSERT INTO mytable
   SELECT * FROM mytable;
END LOOP; Guaranteed to make the system work like crazy until you run out of hard disk. And with a little effort you can query freespace and exit the loop just before you get there.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Sep 20 2002 - 10:19:12 CDT