Re: Oracle 9i Personal, Win XP and Dev 6i

From: Michael Gast <mig-sm_at_web.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:57:10 +0200

Scott Mattes schrieb:
> Except that starting the DB manually fails because listener has some
> problem, so I am back to letting the DB start when windows does, sigh.
>

> "Scott Mattes" <Scott_at_TheMattesFamily.ws> wrote in message

>> I found it. Click Start, then Programs, then the entry that matches your
>> Home, then Configuration and Migration Tools, and finally on

> Administration
>> Assistant for Windows NT. In that tool you can select the database, right
>> click and change the start/stop options.
>>

>> "Scott Mattes" <Scott_at_TheMattesFamily.ws> wrote in message
>> > Except for the download ( >1G of zip files, good thing there are cable
>> > modems), this went so well. Now to figure out how to config 9i so that

> is
>> > doesn't start when Windows does and I'll be a happy camper.
>> >
>> > My previous problem of not being able to download the files must be due

>> > Gozilla; once I installed Download Accelerator I had no problems.

Hi Scott,

the service comsuming the most of your resources ist the instance service. It is named OracleService<instance name>. Set only this one to be started manually and you will have back your memory and no other process should give you error messages.

--
Due to spam, this eMail address is only used for newsgroup postings.

All eMails sent to this address are immediately deleted. Therefore any
eMails sent directly to this address will never be answered.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards
Michael Gast
SEPP MED GmbH