Re: Select statement in from clause

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 08:58:27 +0200

Proffesional newbie wrote:

> Can you give me an example why they did not use a view ?
> It is more plesant to read, in mine opinion, when u are using the view.

I think it comes down to dependancy. If you are using a view you are dependant that the view exist, that the view does what you think it does, etc.

When you use an in-line view/select like this, you are not dependant on the existance and correctness/accuracy of the view. It is like fast food. A view-to-go in US speak - or a take-away-view in English speak.

Comes down to the circumstances and requirements that SQL is used in.

--
Billy