Re: Which RBS is my Update using ?

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_peldik.kom>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 22:00:00 +0300

Hello,

> What you are missing ... is that rollback segments need to be able to expand to
> handle the largest transaction on the system. That is not the same as saying they
> need to permanently be large enough to handle the largest transaction on the
> system.

I still don't see why rollback segments in my configuration are less expandable than "They should all be identical and sized to handle the largest transaction on the system" configuration which you posted yesterday..

But about the cheap price of disk v.s. administration work cost, I agree with you.

Thank you for your time,
Tanel. Received on Wed Sep 18 2002 - 14:00:00 CDT