xml in oracle 8i and multiple varchar2 fields

From: John <jriker1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Sep 2002 03:14:53 -0700

I'm guessing from looking thru the newsgroups, short of going to a long or LOB type, I'm not going to be able to break the 4000 character limit of a VARCHAR2 in Oracle 8.1.7. I have some XML data that will definitely go over that limit. I read some references to using multiple varchar2 fields or something, but would have no clue how to insert/select from them and know which have multiples and the like. I remember an article I read on this, but can't find it now. Any help on inserting, updating, selecting using this method would be much appreciated. Also if there is another way to go about this, that would be cool as well. Thanks.

JR Received on Wed Sep 18 2002 - 05:14:53 CDT