Re: Which RBS is my Update using ?

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:20:08 +1000

Hi Pablo and all

Oracle is full of options and alternatives. So long as you know what the options are, so long as you are aware of the pros and cons of each option and so long as you apply an option in a manner that is appropriate to your environment then you won't get too much of an argument from me.

Using the SET TRANSACTION command is just another option. It has pros (such as controlling the size of RBSs when storage might be an issue) and cons (such as making an application reliant on the availability of an RBS and subject to abuse if too many concurrent transactions need access to the same RBS). If you are aware of the various issues then the correct and valid option can then be applied.

My thoughts

Richard