Re: How to open a *.dmp

From: Nils Tekampe <Nils.Tekampe_at_web.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 19:16:25 +0200

Hello,
first: thanks a lot for these answers.
I see: I have to learn a lot about oracle.

There is0 one (or two) last question(s): Is it possible to import a dump from an older version of oracle or has the version to be exactly the same????
I'm asking because i only can download the newest versions of oracle out of the internet.

Are there other and perhaps more comfortable ways to transfer an oracle-DB from one PC to another???

mfg
nils
"TurkBear" <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:q2neouodb9v9duomc77umoku339vmi671o_at_4ax.com...
> The question is incomplete..The dmp file is an Oracle export so Oracle's
Import utility will read and load it into your
> Oracle database - IF your Oracle is the same version, has the same users
and you can handle the errors caused by tables
> already existing..
> If any of the above are not the case, you need to get more info about the
version that created the dmp and what it contains(