Re: criteria on the outer table

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 15:30:14 GMT

"sit.sit" wrote:

> I have 2 tables
>
> obj
>
> code
> description
>
> and
>
> evt
>
> object
> event
> date
>
> join by the outer join evt_object(+)=obj_code
>
> criteria= where evt_date between :p_start and :p_end
>
> i want to select all the obj_code and description of the obj table
> , count the number of events for each obj_code even when no event
> exist during the period (criteria on the outer join)
>
> how can i do?

I presume this is homework ... and therefore suggest that you open your textbook and read it for examples.

If my presumption is incorrect ... then I suggest you purchase a good beginners book (no insult intended) such as Oracle for Dummies.

BTW: Your syntax above is incorrect. It should be evt dot object ... not evt underscore object.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Sep 17 2002 - 10:30:14 CDT