Re: What's behind the scene in a database

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:46:45 -0500

There is no 'source code' as such for a RDBMS like Oracle ( the S in the acronym is for SYSTEM) - the Oracle RDBMS is a coordinated collection of Processes that handle the storage, replication and manipulation of relational ( and other) data . ( I expect I may win the oversimplification award for that synopsis)

Go to
http://technet.oracle.com, register ( it is free) and read thru the docs especially the Server Concepts manual and the DBA stuff..It will give you a better idea as to 'what's going on '..

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Tue Sep 17 2002 - 09:46:45 CDT