Re: What's behind the scene in a database

From: Pablo Sanchez <pablo_at_dev.null>
Date: 16 Sep 2002 15:48:18 -0500

"Mikael Osterhed" <moster_no_spam_67_at_hotmail.com> wrote in news:tZqh9.1857$Av4.37051_at_twister2.libero.it:

> "What's behind the scene in a database ?" and what makes Oracle
> the prime-choice..

At this point, market share.

> Anyone who can "educate" me in regard to my above mentioned
> enquires or share a link where I can read about it ?

I look at an RDBMS as a 'paranoid operating system' It does everything an O/S can do and it has to ensure that your data isn't loss.

> And what about XML ? Will XML change the way are using a database
> today ?

I think the same question can be asked about 'grid computing' -- useful but not paramount to the existence of our lives. :)

--
Pablo Sanchez, High-Performance Database Engineering
http://www.hpdbe.com