Transaction Delay using PHP4-OCI8 APACHE-2.0.40 against Oracle Win2k Server

From: Javier <javito_at_inf.furb.br>
Date: 16 Sep 2002 13:01:57 -0700

Hi guys,

I have a Compaq Proliant running Win2k Oracle 8.7.1 Server and two more web servers, a Win2k Apache+PHP and a GNU/Linux Apache 2.0.40+PHP4.2.3, both with OCI8 support. Now, when we test our basic php script for query the Ora server in the apache Win2k server everything works great. Especting a performance gain running in Linux, we get at least 10 seconds delay doing the same test!!!!
I checked out if tnsping and sqlplus where working in the linux client and surpressingly its got an 30% speed increment than the win2k apache!!!
So whats going on??? Whats the cause of such a delay? Seeking for further infromation, I wasnt able to find out if anyone had have the same problem, eg. Win2k Oracle Server and a Linux Client delay thru PHP.
Little information may be very helpful!! Thanx a bunch.

Javier. Received on Mon Sep 16 2002 - 15:01:57 CDT