Re: Database vs FileSystem (a comparison)

From: Mike Ault <mikerault_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 16 Sep 2002 09:51:30 -0700

Hi Jose!

How are things going with you? I have a free download on my site at www.robonerd.com about sizing with lobs that discusses the difference in external and internal lob storage. The biggest difference is that you can change certain types of internal lob, but you cannot change bfiles, they are read only. Performance wise it depends on what you want to do with them and, the efficiency of their storage area.

Mike Ault
TUSC www.tusc.com
ROBO Books International
www.robonerd.com