JDBC and ResultSetMetaData

From: Jost Richstein <j_at_softdecc.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 14:46:26 +0200

Hello,

every now and then I get no result (a 'null'), when I try to read a column name from a ResultSetMetaData (metadata.getColumnName(i)) using Oracle 8.1.7 Server and the thin JDBC-Driver with JDK1.3.1_04 (on Windows2000).

Prior to that I read metaData.getColumnCount() and got the correct result for the given ResultSet, so that the index into getColumnName() is correct.

What we can observe is:

Anybody any ideas?

Jost Received on Mon Sep 16 2002 - 07:46:26 CDT